CVLT Needs Your Talent!
Chagrin Valley Little Theatre depends on volunteer talent for all of its plays each season. Our auditions are open to anyone with an interest in performing in community theater. Age ranges, experience levels and other requirements change from production to production, so keep your eyes on us - you just may be the one we're looking for!
Auditions are publicized right here on our website, as well as via our mailing list, our Facebook page, our Twitter feed and via Fred Sternfeld's the Northeast Ohio Performing Arts List (NEohioPAL). You may also find our audition notices in your local newspapers from time to time.
- Unless specified otherwise, all CVLT auditions are open to all and no roles are pre-cast.
- No appointments are required.
- Come prepared to read from the script.
- Headshots and acting resumes are welcome, but not required.
- CVLT does not offer union contracts and performers are volunteers.
Auditions for LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
Book & Lyrics by HOWARD ASHMAN | Music by ALAN MENKEN
Sunday, January 22 at 7:00PM
Monday, January 23 at 7:00PM
Callbacks – Wednesday, January 25 at 7:00PM, if needed
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH
Directed by Greta Rothman
Musical Direction by David W. Coxe
Choreography by Pamela LaForce
PERFORMANCE DATES: March 24, 25, 31, April 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 21, 22 - 2017
- The initial audition will include vocals only. Please bring your best audition piece from any musical EXCEPT Little Shop of Horrors. You are asked to supply sheet music in the correct key. No CD's or acapella auditions, please.
- Callbacks are scheduled for January 25 as needed. At this time you will be asked to learn and perform selections from the show and participate in cold readings. Only those being considered for the roles of Crystal, Ronette, and Chiffon will need to learn and audition movement.
- Acting resumes and headshots are appreciated, although not required. Please bring a complete list of schedule conflicts from February 12 to April 22, 2017
- No conflicts will be accepted for any performance dates or during tech week. CVLT does not offer union contracts or cast understudies and all performers are volunteers.
- ALL ROLES AVAILABLE. Chagrin Valley Little Theatre does not pre-cast without prior announcement.
- Seeking 8 men, 8 women, ages 18+ for lead and featured ensemble roles, including Audrey II puppeteer(s) - no previous puppetry experience needed; just strength, dedication and will! – and yes you will get a bow at curtain call!
- No appointments necessary.
- Questions? Contact the director, Greta Rothman - firstname.lastname@example.org
Auditions for SEX WITH STRANGERS
Written by Laura Eason
Sunday, February 5 at 7:00pm
Monday, February 6 at 7:00pm
Callbacks: Tuesday, February 7 at 7:00pm, if needed
River Street Playhouse, 56 River Street
Directed by Kourtney Daugherty
PERFORMANCE DATES: April 21, 22, 28, 29, May 5, 6 – 2017
REHEARSALS: Sunday thru Thursday from 7-9pm beginning Sunday, March 5th.
Seeking 1 woman, 1 man
- Olivia (late 30's/40's) Smart, sexy, worldly, outwardly strong but covering some fragility. A gifted but obscure, old-school writer who loves books and serious literature–not up on the latest blogging and social media trends. She achieved limited literary success with one novel, but her career did not take off.
- Ethan (late 20's) Very charismatic, sexy, smooth talker, used to being the center of attention. While he is comfortable in the role of an arrogant playboy, he longs to win the respect of the literary world with his own writing.
*BOTH actors must be comfortable appearing in their underwear. Resume' and head shots are encouraged, but not required. Please be prepared to read directly from the script. No schedule conflicts will be accepted for any performance dates or during tech week.
Synopsis: When twenty-something star sex blogger and memoirist Ethan tracks down his idol, the gifted but obscure forty-ish novelist Olivia, he finds they each crave what the other possesses. As attraction turns to sex, and they inch closer to getting what they want, both must confront the dark side of ambition and the trouble of reinventing oneself when the past is only a click away.