CVLT Needs Your Talent!
Chagrin Valley Little Theatre depends on volunteer talent for all of its plays each season. Our auditions are open to anyone with an interest in performing in community theater. Age ranges, experience levels and other requirements change from production to production, so keep your eyes on us - you just may be the one we're looking for!
Auditions are publicized right here on our website, as well as via our mailing list, our Facebook page, our Twitter feed and via Fred Sternfeld's the Northeast Ohio Performing Arts List (NEohioPAL). You may also find our audition notices in your local newspapers from time to time.
- Unless specified otherwise, all CVLT auditions are open to all and no roles are pre-cast.
- No appointments are required.
- Come prepared to read from the script.
- Headshots and acting resumes are welcome, but not required.
- CVLT does not offer union contracts and performers are volunteers.
Auditions for SEX WITH STRANGERS
Written by Laura Eason
Sunday, February 5 at 7:00pm
Monday, February 6 at 7:00pm
Callbacks: Tuesday, February 7 at 7:00pm, if needed
River Street Playhouse, 56 River Street
Directed by Kourtney Daugherty
PERFORMANCE DATES: April 21, 22, 28, 29, May 5, 6 – 2017
REHEARSALS: Sunday thru Thursday from 7-9pm beginning Sunday, March 5th.
Seeking 1 woman, 1 man
- Olivia (late 30's/40's) Smart, sexy, worldly, outwardly strong but covering some fragility. A gifted but obscure, old-school writer who loves books and serious literature–not up on the latest blogging and social media trends. She achieved limited literary success with one novel, but her career did not take off.
- Ethan (late 20's) Very charismatic, sexy, smooth talker, used to being the center of attention. While he is comfortable in the role of an arrogant playboy, he longs to win the respect of the literary world with his own writing.
*BOTH actors must be comfortable appearing in their underwear. Resume' and head shots are encouraged, but not required. Please be prepared to read directly from the script. No schedule conflicts will be accepted for any performance dates or during tech week.
Synopsis: When twenty-something star sex blogger and memoirist Ethan tracks down his idol, the gifted but obscure forty-ish novelist Olivia, he finds they each crave what the other possesses. As attraction turns to sex, and they inch closer to getting what they want, both must confront the dark side of ambition and the trouble of reinventing oneself when the past is only a click away.
Auditions for DROP DEAD
Written by Billy van Zandt and Jane Milmore
Monday, March 27 at 7:00pm
Tuesday, March 28 at 7:00pm
Directed by Barbara L. Rhoades
PERFORMANCE DATES: June 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24
REHEARSALS: Sundays (6-8 PM) through Wednesdays (7:30-9:30 PM) beginning April 2.
- 7 men ages 25 - 65
- 2 women between 35 - 60
- 1 woman 65+ (Note: This character is a very old woman losing her mind and requires being physically pushed around a lot.)
Synopsis: In this non-stop comedy by Billy van Zandt and Jane Milmore, a cast of washed up actors hatch a plan to save their flagging careers by appearing in a potboiler murder mystery directed by a megalomaniacal Broadway director. However, a real murder mystery is afoot which has them trying to save not just their careers, but the show, and their lives! This is a Noises Off! style play-within-a-play.